First Judicial District of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Legal Clerk I (Municipal Court)
POSITION: Legal Clerk I (Municipal Court)
Unionized through United Steelworkers Local 286
(Open to Promotions, Transfers, and New Hires)
** This is a continuous posting. The purpose of this posting is for future vacancies within the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania. **
1. High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) to two (2) years of progressively responsible clerical experience processing legal documents.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, which also includes a high school diploma or equivalent, and a thorough knowledge of Municipal Court policies and procedures.
2. Extensive knowledge of computers and Windows applications (will provide training in specific applications).
3. Successful completion of a background check.
4. City residency required within six (6) months of satisfactory completion of the 6 month employment probationary period.
5. Successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
6. Ability to perform the essential functions of a position in this class.
7. Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is required.
An employee in this position is considered a valuable member of a team and provides support to Municipal Court staff. Duties are performed following well-established procedures, including processing Legal documents, with or without close supervision. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the department manager.
The following general duties are normal for the Legal Clerk I position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Works directly with department director and deputy director.
2. Skill in communicating authorized court infromation.
3. Works directly with judiciary and their staff regarding case management principles.
4. Works directly with other FJD department managers regarding operational issues.
5. Works directly with department heads of external civil and/or criminal agencies involving Municipal Court.
6. Thorough knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, and procedures as they apply to the assigned function in Municipal Court (e.g., Rules of Civil and Criminal Procedure).
Performs related work as required.
Standard clerical, office and courtroom conditions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Ability to summarize pertinent information; reason, apply common sense and understand instructions.
Ability to resolve problems arising from standard and non standard situations.
Thorough knowledge of applicable rules, regulations and procedures, as they apply to the assigned function.
After training, knowledge of CLAIMS, PARS, CPCMS as they apply to the job responsibilities.
Ability to understand, carryout, and effectively communicate all revisions to current case management practices.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with judiciary, FJD employees, external civil and criminal justice partners and the public.
The First Judicial District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. in compliace with the American's with Disabilities Act, the First Judicial District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Copyright © 2017 First Judicial District of Pennsylvania All rights reserved.